Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ephesus and Pamukkale, Turkey

Had a monstrous dinner with my sister and her bf. Went out to Zest 82 (Upstairs though)in Kingsway and I ate the chicken burger. The meal portions there are super uber big, just like the past few times I've been there. Ooh the chicken burger is delicious! Grilled chicken, avocado, bacon, tomato, spinach.Huge meal. Accompanied with crispy chips. However, the service there is pretty horrible. 




Fitness tests in school have been going really great! I was so surprised to be the last girl running the beep test. I never expected that, ever. Maybe perhaps because I've been jogging every Sunday? Anyway, I managed to get 7.2 which I am extremely proud of. I would normally get 5 or 6, and in primary school 4.5, and the average for girls my age is 5! 


So my dad tells me that some of my posts are a little bit too long because some readers probably would skim it through, which is quite true. So I'll try to shorten some posts. But, I have to break up posts about my trip to Turkey because I went to so many places! And I love sharing photos, so please excuse me for uploading like a billion of them.

The next day after Pergamum, we went to Ephesus. But first, we went to a leather shop. It's a huge leather shop, pretty grand! They even put on a fashion show for us. They had a lot of leather jackets, lambskin and even baby lambskin which feels like silk. It feels and looks gorgeous but the price isn't gorgeous at all. But after all, it is leather isn't it?
 Before actually visiting the ancient city, Ephesus , we visited the House of the Virgin Mary. I thought it was actually the house of Virgin Mary (Doesn't the name says it all?), but it's actually a shrine and around that area was where Mary lived her last days. My dad was all like "No lah of course it isn't the original house, that was very long ago lah". *Embarrassing*
The house
 Writing about Ephesus makes me feel nostalgic. I really loved visiting Ephesus. The things I saw, I mean it's a magnificent ancient city, better than expected.

Ephesus is gigantic. Believe it or not, but I'm not kidding when I'm saying that only 15% of the ancient city has been excavated... So much has been excavated, but that's only 15%. I could spend a whole day there without getting bored. #Iloveancientcities

Most ancient sites has Greek and Roman influence, so this city had a lot of that. Bill, our tourist guide said that you can tell what is Roman which are arches and Greek which are columns.

The theatre is amazing. It is one huge theatre.

I'd just like to share a picture of the toilets they used back then. Life was so glamourous back then. :P
And the library.
I actually saw this on the net before I went on my trip. The Celsus library is one of the most unique and gorgeous ancient structures I have ever seen. Well, at least the prettiest library I've ever seen.

We managed to drive up to Pamukkale after lunch (Which was fish which was surprisingly delicious). Pamukkale means 'cotton castle' in Turkish. The place has terraces and hot springs. It's a natural sight, and it's beyond beautiful. While walking on the path, I heard one of the aunties from the tour group say "Now we know why God created the world!" It seems pretty magical to me, I've never seen anything like that! I felt quite blessed to be able to see such a site like this, it's kind of one of those phases and moments you have in your life (Yet I'm only a teenager) and you're just so appreciative of what you have. Not to say that I wasn't before, but I felt even more blessed.
OH we passed an ancient city, Hierapolis.

We stayed at a hotel which had a a thermal pool WHICH I REALLY WANTED TO GO TO, but my dad thought it was a bit too troublesome. Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!