We have been in the same class twice in primary school, and we have been in the same class since we were 13 in high school until now. She recently did debutante and I was invited as one of her guests! So honoured and such a fun night.
More than grateful to have a friend like you M.
Peanut butter cookie cheesecake
1 unsalted stick butter (113 g or 1/2 cup), softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 block, 250 g)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Make the cookie dough. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (I just baked at 350 F or 180 C). Cream butter, sugars, peanut butter until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add egg & beat well until incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda & salt. Slowly add the flour mixture in with butter & sugar, mixing well after each addition. Stir in oats & chocolate chips.
3. Make cheesecake filling. Cream cream cheese, egg, sugar & vanilla until smooth.
4. Press half to 2/3s of the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Pour the cheesecake filling over the dough. Crumble remaining dough and sprinkle over the top or roll it into a flat layer and place it over the cheesecake layer.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and cheesecake is set. Serve warm or cold, and store leftover bars in the fridge.
Adapted from Pinch of yum