Sunday, April 7, 2013

Berry Greek yoghurt parfait


On an early morning, at 7 o'clock, you'd hear me munching down granola with Greek yoghurt and berries. It's my breakfast before school, pretty much every single day.
Granola has become way too addictive. I even eat it by itself. I wouldn't mind if anyone handed me a box of granola to munch on in a movie theatre. There is nothing better than munching on extra crunchy, nutty granola.

I wouldn't really call this a 'recipe', but I wanted to post a simple everyday parfait you can make. No, you don't have to create your own parfait in a cup like I did. No fuss, layer however you want, you can just simply throw everything together in a bowl!
 If any of you have good crunchy home-made granola recipes, I would love to see them! I'm trying to look for a crunchy granola recipe (as healthy as possible pretty please?).

For me, this is a breakfast for champs, especially since I went for an 8 km run today. I would've loved to reach 10, but I don't know why I felt so tired and so slow! I think that's probably due to me sleeping late, since it's the holidays. Oh well, this really cheered me up when I got back.
Berry Greek yoghurt parfait

Ingredients
6-7 tbsp of Greek or plain yoghurt, depending on how much you want to make
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup of raspberry or your favourite berry puree (frozen or fresh, blend and then pass through a sieve)
1/3 cup of blackberries and blueberries (frozen or fresh. If frozen, defrost in a microwave)
Few tablespoons of roasted strawberries (refer to this recipe for roasted strawberries)
5-6 tablespoons of your favourite granola, home-made or store bought

Method
1. Mix yoghurt with honey and cinnamon. Start your layering by layering 2 tablespoons of yoghurt for the base.
2. Put a few tablespoons of the raspberry puree for the next layer.
3. Add a couple of the blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
4. Layer with 2 tablespoons of granola.
5. Layer again with yoghurt, and layer again as stated in the couple of steps above.
6. Finish with a couple of berries on top and sprinkle with granola.

2 comments:

  1. i think granola is addicting, too. i have to keep making new batches because i find myself digging in throughout the day and just eating it by the handfuls.
    i should probably make good use of it and make it into a lovely parfait like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's that crunchiness, combined with nuts and sweet that is so addictive. I could literally eat it all day! Thank you, it's really easy to make :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!