Sunday, April 6, 2014

Flourless peanut butter cookies


 I always crave for a cookie. Why do you think I have posted 9 recipes of cookies on my blog? Brown butter chocolate chip, being my favourite (and also a household favourite). The Brown butter choc chip recipe is from Ambitious kitchen, and so are these flourless peanut butter cookies! I've also made her snickerdoodles.. All, have been executed with success.
These literally take about 5 minutes to whip up. It uses one whole cup of peanut butter. And a good, hearty amount of oats and dark chocolate chunks! I'm an avid peanut butter eater, so it's only perfect for pb-lovers.
These aren't your traditional kind of cookies. They're a little bit more chewy, and seriously take my advice when I say to warm these up so you have melty chocolate bits and drink with a cold glass of milk. I also like to sprinkle a little sea salt on top (something I learnt from reading food blogs).

Flourless peanut butter cookies
*Makes 16-20 cookies
Ingredients
. 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (not natural)
. 2/3 cup brown sugar
. 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
. 2 large eggs
. 2/3 cup rolled oats
. 1 tsp baking soda
. 2/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180 /350 F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together oats & baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer (or by hand) until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients and then gently fold in chocolate chips/chunks.
4. Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls. The dough should be pretty sticky. You can use an ice scream scoop/cookie scoop as an alternative.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes, remove when edges start to turn golden brown.They will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven.
6.  Cool for 2 minutes on the baking tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Adapted from Ambitious kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!