Sunday, August 19, 2012

The croquembouche

I just wanted to feature this blog post on my dear friend, Kelda! And her extremely cool birthday cake. Happy birthday Kel!
She wasTinkerbell!
  Yesterday, I went to her Disney princess-themed 15th birthday party. I was Pocahontas.. I had to borrow a dress from my second sister! The party was SO much fun, she threw such a wonderful party! Every girl from our original year 7 form class (except for one and there's my Kiwi friend who just came this year!) came. We're all in the same friendship group, always sitting down together for lunch. And when you have a house party with 12 girls, it's noisy alright! So thankful to have these girls in my life!
Some of the girls
Kelda told me that the birthday cake was going to be a surprise..It really was! You see, she and I have very similar taste in food. We both love macarons, cupcakes, you name it! She ordered a croquembouche, which is a French dessert. It literally means in French 'crunch in the mouth'. 'I've seen this before on Masterchef Australia, and it looks terrifying to make. It was my first ever taste of a croquembouche.


  A croquembouche is made up of profiteroles. Profiteroles are cream puffs, made up of choux pastry. These profiteroles are filled with cream. And then, the whole thing is stacked up together, whipped with generous amounts of caramel. It's rather hard to dissemble it, but it taste amazing! Think crunchy caramel, soft profiteroles with cream filled inside. And then, on the bottom, strawberries and blueberries; only my favourite fruits.


We also had other food of course, for the tea party. SO MUCH FOOD! 
Hehe

She baked these brownies and they were amazeballs.

Macarons baked by her sister!


2 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!